For over 120 years, National PTA has been encouraging families to get more involved in their child’s education. Help us celebrate PTA’s long legacy of family engagement during National PTA's Take Your Family to School Week—Feb. 12-14, 2018.
A successful education is a partnership with your child's teacher and the school. Parents and families are always welcome to visit the school and spend an hour or two with students and staff.
As part of National PTA Take Your Family to School, we created a list of things that families can do while visiting the school on a regular school day.
Studies show that observing and participating in your child's education helps bridge the gap between home and school and leads to a greater understanding, respect, and partnership, which results in greater educational success! Imagine that you can accomplish all that by just spending an hour or two at the school!
Some activities for families:
- Visit your child's classroom and observe the great learning that is taking place
- Find out what special (Art, Library, P.E., Music) your child's class will attend and plan to attend with them
- Eat lunch in the cafeteria with your child and stay with them on the playground after lunch - confirm lunchtime with your child's teacher
- Visit the Lobo Library Parent Lounge
- Quietly walk around the school to see what is happening in various classrooms during a regular school day
- Learn about Mr. Lee's PARCC Challenge
Families may visit at any time on Monday, February 12, Tuesday, February 13 and Wednesday, February 14.
Don't have time to visit your child at school because you're at work? Many employers allow employees to take time off to participate in their child's education. It doesn't hurt to ask.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.