- All celebrations are scheduled on the first Thursday of each month (see school calendar).
- All student birthdays are celebrated once a month on the first Thursday (if school is not in session, they will be celebrated on the second Thursday).
- All celebrations are one hour, maximum.
- Teachers choose the best time of day for the party in their classes. Snacks will be coordinated by each teacher or Classroom Representative.
- Parents should talk with their child's teacher or classroom representative before bringing in food to discuss student food allergies, teacher plans, etc.
- Healthy snacks are strongly encouraged: fruits, cut up veggies, cheeses, whole-grain breads and crackers, tortillas, and delicious, cold, clean water.
- Use toothpicks/utensils so that students are not touching each others' food.
- Keep balloons, flowers, gifts, etc. at home—please do do not send or bring these items to school, as they disrupt the learning process.